Requirements and Obligations:
1. Must be a member for one year.
2. Must attend at least four monthly meetings in the year preceding the drawing
3. Scholarship must be used within one year of the drawing date, unless an extension is approved by the Scholarship Committee.
4. Must give a two-hour demonstration detailing techniques and methods learned in the scholarship class.
5. Must provide a how-to article for the newsletter detailing the techniques learned in the scholarship class.
6. Must provide an auction piece made from information learned during the class. Auction piece must be presented to the Scholarship Committee for approval. Auction piece should have a minimum value of $100.
7. Must present Scholarship Committee with requested class within six months of the scholarship drawing or the scholarship goes to the selected alternate.
8. No more than half of the scholarship amount will be paid until completion of all scholarship obligations. Once the class is approved by the Scholarship Committee, recipient can request 1/2 of the scholarship monies before attending the school. The second half will be paid upon completion of ALL scholarship obligations.
9. After completion of the class, the scholarship recipient has six months to comply with the scholarship obligations. If the obligations are not fulfilled, the money prepaid by OBG is to be refunded back to the Guild. Those in arrears will not be able to hold office in the Guild or participate in future scholarships.
(For full guidance on qualification and obligation Criteria reference the OBG Scholarship Guidelines below)
OBG Scholarship Application
OBG Scholarship Guidelines